Ximen automotive precision progress metal stamping die and tooling for brass socket pins
Progressive stamping is a metalworking method that can encompass punching, coining, bending and several other ways of modifying metal raw material, combined with an automatic feeding system.
The feeding system pushes a strip of metal (as it unrolls from a coil) through all of the stations of a progressive stamping die. Each station performs one or more operations until a finished part is made. The final station is a cutoff operation, which separates the finished part from the carrying web. The carrying web, along with metal that is punched away in previous operations, is treated as scrap metal. Both are cut away, knocked down (or out of the dies) and then ejected from the die set, and in mass production are often transferred to scrap bins via underground scrap material conveyor belts.
The progressive stamping die is placed into a reciprocating stamping press. As the press moves up, the top die moves with it, which allows the material to feed. When the press moves down, the die closes and performs the stamping operation. With each stroke of the press, a completed part is removed from the die.
- Bending - the material is deformed or bent along a straight line.
- Flanging - the material is bent along a curved line.
- Embossing - the material is stretched into a shallow depression. Used primarily for adding decorative patterns. See also Repoussé and chasing.
- Blanking - a piece is cut out of a sheet of the material, usually to make a blank for further processing.
- Coining - a pattern is compressed or squeezed into the material. Traditionally used to make coins.
- Drawing - the surface area of a blank is stretched into an alternate shape via controlled material flow. See also deep drawing.
- Stretching - the surface area of a blank is increased by tension, with no inward movement of the blank edge. Often used to make smooth auto body parts.
- Ironing - the material is squeezed and reduced in thickness along a vertical wall. Used for beverage cans and ammunition cartridge cases.
- Reducing/Necking - used to gradually reduce the diameter of the open end of a vessel or tube.
- Curling - deforming material into a tubular profile. Door hinges are a common example.
- Hemming - folding an edge over onto itself to add thickness. The edges of automobile doors are usually hemmed.
Piercing and cutting can also be performed in stamping presses. Progressive stamping is a combination of the above methods done with a set of dies in a row through which a strip of the material passes one step at a time.
|General Capabilities||Design Modeling 2D, 3D,processing,assembling||Die Location Technical Support||Inspection|
|Detail Tooling Documentation||DFMEA/PFMEA||Quick Building Prototypes|
|Die Types||Forming Dies||Precision Progressive Stamping Dies||Secondary Dies|
|High Speed Steel Stamping Dies||Precision Blanking Dies||Forming Die|
|Tooling Life||50 Million to 1000 Million Times|
|Die Concept||2-Plate Die||3-Plate Die||Module Die|
|Production Equipment||CNC||SODICK Nice Surface EDM||P/G|
|Drill||SODICK Wire Cutting Machine||J/G|
|Milling Machine||WAIDA Profile Grinder Machine|| |
|MICO|| || |
|Stamping Product||Custom Stamping||SIM shrapnel||Spring clip|
|Battery shrapnel||Shield Drawing||Press-Fit Terminal|
|Lead Frame||Power Contact Terminal||PC Terminal parts|
|Additional Services Provided||Custom Packing||Packaging||Heat Treat|
|Plating|| || |
|Delivery||3-5 Week||3-6 Week||4-7 Week|
Why us ?
Q: What’s your manufacture capability?
---- We use Sodick/Charmilles to frabricate die inserts,dimension we can do is +/-0.002mm.
Q: Can you make all the dimensions are according to our design/samples?
---- We can guarantee that all the dimensions are made according to your drawing/sample.Please notice that dimension tolerence we can do is +/-0.003mm.
Q: Did the stamping die suit for my press machine?
--- The stamping die is made according to your press machine’s specification.Before start making die parts,we will send the design for your approval.
Q: What’s your advantage compare with other supplier’s on the market?
---- We are stamping factory,have a team contains die design,making,maintance and stamping production.We know how important the good mold for stamping production.
---- All our engineers are with more than 10 years working experience.They are more professional on precision stamping field.
---- All the die parts we made are by Slow-speed wire EDM,can gurantee the dimension.Many of them make it by middle-speed wire EDM/fast-speed wire EDM
Stamping die details: